A Quick Sunday Catch Up #1

by - 18.6.17


Hey guys! I thought that today we would have a little catch up and just chat about what's been going on over the past three months and plans for the next few months. I just had my last GCSE exam this Friday and I thought it would be the best idea, to give you all an update.

LIFE

So in May, I actually cut my hair short, around slightly above my shoulders. It was a change (although it may not seem like much) because I haven't had my hair this short since I was in Year 7. I know, major memories flooding into my head right now; mostly embarrassing to be honest! I don't really know why I'm mentioning this; maybe just as a reminder never to do it again! It really doesn't suit me anymore, like it did before.


After that I didn't really do much, except revise because things started to get hectic. I'm finally done with my GCSEs. It feels so good to say that and I hope my results are good too. I'm that kind of person who will be thinking about results day in the back of my mind until I get my results. For me, that's one of the worst parts of exams; waiting till you know how you did. For those of you who sat your exams, how do you think it went?

Onto present day. My best friend is sadly leaving in a few days. I've known her for five years and although lots of people from my year group are leaving, of course I'm going to miss her the most. She's not going too far, so hopefully we can visit each other during the holidays. It's a long distance friendships of sorts. Something I'm looking forward to is that my aunt is going to come and visit my family for a couple of weeks. It's her first time visiting Belgium and I'm so excited that she's going to be coming here.

I'm also planning to go out with my friends now that I have free time and visit some new cities. I was thinking of doing blog posts about the different cities in Belgium that I visit; I thought it would be something cool and slightly different on my blog, as well as giving me the chance to try out some photography.

I also finished my DT project a while ago and I posted a picture of it on my Instagram. I go so much amazing feedback and I feels so good because I put so much effort into it. Hopefully it all paid off!

READING

I've been reading so much lately and my aim is to read 50 books by the end of the year. I've put a little widget (I think that's the technical term) on the side so that you guys can follow along. I'll be doing reviews on some of the books I read so that you guys can find some new gems too!

BLOGGING

Blogging-wise I'm definitely going to be posting a lot more, so I would love for you to follow me because I'm super excited about the content I'm planning but it's not really my usual content.

You may have noticed that I gave my blog a redesign. I wasn't really feeling my old layout and I wanted something a lot cleaner and just a change to inspire me again after my super long break. I think that it makes it so much easier to access a lot more of my posts, in case you've missed out on reading any of them and I looooove how the sizes of the photos don't matter. I found it so hard on my previous theme to get all the photos the same size. It was such a nightmare sometimes, and I ended up wasting so much time on formatting.

I know that I've just got back on my blogging game after my exams, but all this extra time is giving me a chance to think about what kind of content I want to put up on my blog. I feel like my blog should be a representation of who I am as a person and as much as I love makeup and beauty, I kind of feel like I want to write more about things I'm passionate about. Everyone loves putting on some makeup and giving yourself the time to get ready and feel good. But I truly am passionate about writing. I want to do more creative writing and share my travels with you. I also love helping people. I want to help everyone with school and revision advice. I know that not everyone get support from their school or their family regarding their studies. I'm going to start the IB Diploma in September but I still want to help with revision for GCSEs, organization and maybe some more Q&As answering questions that you have. I love love love to read and I want to talk more about what I've been reading. Maybe an update every month about what I've been reading. I posted about starting a book blog and I decided to follow your advice and keep it all on here.

I'm still unsure as to what route to take with my blog. I know that there's nothing holding me back from changing what types of posts I put on my blog, but I'm worried that there are readers who like to read my blog purely for the beauty. I'm not stopping doing beauty related posts, that's one thing I know for sure. I enjoy testing out new products and sharing my thoughts. I know that I shouldn't care what other people think, but your opinion is important to me. 

Have any fellow bloggers out there felt the same? I don't know what to do. I'm thinking 50% Beauty and 50% other (maybe?). It's just an option. If anyone else has any suggestions, then please let me know. 

Also, some other exciting (yes, I realized that I've said exciting about 5 times already but I'm just happy, okay?) news. My blog is going to turn one in July! *insert lots of cheering* It's gone by so quickly and I'm so happy that I decided to blog again. It makes me feel complete and really really happy (cheezy, I know). My blogging goal was to hit 100 blog readers, and it's not about the numbers, so that really doesn't matter, but I would love it if you stick along. Only if you enjoy my content of course!

As for my blogging schedule, regardless of what I decide about my content, I'm going to be posting every Wednesday and Sunday all through the Summer. I'm also planning on doing some themed weeks like a week full of testing new makeup, blog posts about being cruelty-free, Bullet Journaling, etc. I'm also thinking about collaborating more with other bloggers so if there's any bloggers that you want to see in particular, or you are a blogger yourself who would like to collaborate, then please let me know. There's already a very fun collab in the making with one of my best blogger friends.

I as you may have noticed, I've already started posting again. I'm actually going to be giving daily blogging a go. I've been binge reading posts about daily blogging advice and other peoples' experiences. The general theme has been that everyone's found it quite stressful but I don't know; it's just something that I've ALWAYS wanted to try.

So I think that's all that's going on in my life right now. Writing this post made me feel so relaxed and if any other bloggers are feeling stressed, you're not alone. But I would love for you to write a post like this, because trust me, it makes you feel like a lot of weight has been lifted off your shoulders. Maybe it's just me, but there's no harm in trying right? I'm definitely doing more posts like this in the future. Have a lovely week and most importantly, enjoy yourself! You deserve it! I know this was a SUPPPPPERRR long (and probably boring) post so thanks for sticking with me if you made it to the end.

x Nikita


You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. It's such a good idea to have little catchups!I hope your exams went well! Good luck with daily blogging!xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! x I hope that they went well too and it all shows on results day. It's out of my hands now x Nikita

      Delete
  2. Aw congrats on finishing your exams! Just come across your blog and it's so cute, following you on GFC :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much! x I appreciate every single person who reads and follows my blog. It's a pleasure to have you aboard. x I'll check out your blog as well as soon as possible x Nikita

      Delete

I appreciate every single person who comments and everyone who takes time out of their day to stop by my blog. I reply to every single comment. I'm usually pretty quick because I'm on my phone ALL the time! x Nikita